Friday, June 17, 2011

First Blog Entry!

And another food blog is born!

Let me introduce myself first. I am a recent health science and psychology graduate who has next to no experience in the kitchen. All the cakes and cupcakes I've made in the past come from a box and I have rarely bothered to decorate with fancy frosting swirls. But lately I've become kitchen obsessed! Maybe its because I'm tired of having my nose buried in a book/laptop and all the boring processed food I eat.  Add to that my lack of employment at the moment all the wonderful free time I have and a new hobby shows its head.
I've spent about 2 months stalking other food blogs, particularly baking and cake decorating blogs. I've researched flour, butter, eggs, mixing methods, and the chemistry behind baking, and drooled over one too many pictures. Then I shakily stepped into my kitchen and made my first ever cupcake from scratch (more on that later). Since then, there have been tears, triumphs, messes, and masterpieces and it has become a real learning experience for me. So I decided to keep a record of these experiences in the hopes that another amateur out there may find some guidance, practical advice, or even just a chuckle at the failures (and occasional successes) I have in my kitchen. 
So without further ado, I guess its time to roll up our sleeves, wash our hands, and set the oven to 350! 


No comments:

Post a Comment