Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rose Cake

Today is a milestone! I know I say that a lot, but this one is for realz!!!

And technically it wasn't today, it was last weekend....but the excitement carries!

I officially had my first client/customer/person-who-I-didn't-just-give-cake-to.


Go ahead and scream and do a little victory dance for me...you know you want to...go ahead I'll wait.

I don't think I can explain the feeling of PROFESSIONALLY baking someone a cake for the first time...ever. I think its right up there with having your first kid and getting married....okay maybe not THAT far up...


It's not the getting paid part that is exciting (but it definitely don't hurt!!) but rather the feeling that someone considers your work serious and professional and GOOD enough to pay you hard earned money for it.

I think I need a tissue.

I was talking to my friend yesterday about being a cake 'artist'. I didn't consider myself to be creative or an artist because I can't draw to save my life. Then she mentioned that baking is my 'medium' just like photography is hers.


Meeedddiiiuummmm. I rolled that around in my head for a while and came to the conclusion that I am a kid with crayons. I want to do great things. Paint Mona Lisa's and be a Van Gogh in my own right (but I'm keeping both my ears). Often times though, I am my own worst critic. So for now I'm going to focus on colouring in the lines and learning bit by bit.


And today I feel like I've graduated kindergarten! Yay me!

Inspiration for this cake (and by inspiration I mean totally plagiarized) came from I am Bakers beautiful Rose Cake. I dressed it up pink and added a few nonpareils. Inside is a lemon cake and its covered in vanilla buttercream.

Credits to my super photographer Emily.

And get this guys....I EVEN SENT THE CAKE OFF IN A PROPER WHITE BOX.

*FAINTS*


Happy Baking!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!Delicious & pretty!!Congrats on your milestone,hope you will be able to do more adventures in this field...
    Found you from Blog hop everyday,visit me & follow me & join with my weekly event too
    Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Definitely an artist!!! So impressed and cant wait to see all the amazing creations you have in you!! Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Wow, you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! you are very talented!

    Following you from the hop.

    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS DARLING!!!!!! Sooo proud of you:)Cake looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on having your first offical client! That is a gorgeous cake. I bet you will be having a lot more customers soon. I just cannot believe the detail and that it is actually edible. You have some talent :)
    I am glad I found you in a blog hop. I would love it if you could return the follow love back. Thanks a bunch!
    http://theladiesloungeguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww this is amazing :D congrats kamu <3!!!

    ReplyDelete